At Metis Global Group Limited (“Metis Global Group”, “Metis”) and/or its subsidiaries (Metis Global Limited, Metis Global (Cook Islands) Limited, and Metis Global (Singapore) Pte. Limited), we hold as one of our core values the protection of privacy of our customer’s personal data. We are bound by the Data Protection Principles set out in the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (PDPO). We respect of your privacy and the use or disclosure of your personal data by us will be in accordance with the PDPO and this Personal Information Collection Statement.
We protect data security of our customers and potential customers by complying with the all relevant data protection laws and regulations, and ensure compliance by our staff with strict standards of security and confidentiality.
The provision of your personal data is voluntary. Please note that if you do not provide us with the required personal information, we may not be able to provide your requested information, products or services.
1. How do we collect personal data?
We will collect and keep your personal data either:
- when you provide such information to us (for example, when you make enquiries or communicate with us);
- through your use of our websites, apps or social media platforms; or
- where you have provided it to us through any other means.
We may obtain legally collected personal or non-personal data related to you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third parties’ sources. When you visit this website, apps or social media platforms, we may also collect some information about your computer or other devices used.
The personal data we collect (which includes sensitive personal data as defined under relevant applicable laws and regulations), as follows:
- identity information – name, address, personal contact details (including email address and telephone numbers); and
- technical information – such as IP address, browser type and version, time zone settings, browser plugin types, operating systems and platform, device information (including where mobile device the IMEI number, wireless networks and general network information).
If you make use of any social media features or platforms, on this website, an application we provide, or through a social media provider, we may access and collect information about you through the relevant social media provider in accordance with their policies. When using social media functions, we may access and collect information you have chosen to make available and to include in your social media profile or account, including but not limited to your name, gender, birthday, email address, address, location etc. According to your privacy settings with the relevant social media provider, our access to this information may be limited or blocked .
We will usually identify any information which is mandatory (i.e. information required for creating an account, and to enable you to access the features of the website and receive any services) You may choose not to provide us with the requested data when we collect the information from you., However, failure to do so may inhibit our ability to do business with you or to respond to your inquiries.
2. How do we use your personal data?
Your personal data held by Metis may be used for the following purposes:
- administration of plan business, which includes processing and evaluation of applications, identity and credit checking, suitability checking, investigation, account/debt collection, communications, data analysis and research, internal and external audit, maintaining quality services, sales and marketing, and customer loyalty building;
- direct marketing, which includes promoting, marketing or providing of Metis related products or services and/or any financial related products or services provided and/or marketed by third party financial institutions by electronic or other means;
- to fulfill the disclosure requirements of any laws, regulations or guidelines as may in present or future be applicable to Metis within issued by any legal entities or other authorities, or industry bodies or associations of financial services providers.
Unless permitted by applicable laws and regulations, if we intend to use your personal data for purposes other than those stated in this statement, we will obtain your consent.
We will be able to retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes of collecting the data or for other periods required to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. We apply reasonable security measures to prevent unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use including limiting physical access to data within our systems and encryption of sensitive data when transferring such data. If it is no longer needed for any of the above purposes, reasonable steps will be taken to delete or destroy the relevant information.
3. Who may be provided with your personal data?
The personal data held by Metis will generally be kept confidential, but Metis may disclose these personal data to other third parties for plan processing:
- any of the Metis’ affiliates;
- any financial institution or financial service provider who is in a position to process the payment of, or handle the payment instructions or authorization of any monies to or by the Customer;
- any professional advisor, data processor, IT service provider, mailing house or third party service providers providing administration services who is engaged to provide independent advice or service in a specialized area to Metis and/or the Metis’ affiliates;
- any person to whom Metis and/or the Metis’ affiliates are under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirement of any laws, regulations or guidelines binding on them, including any regulators, government authorities, courts, adjudicators and/or any industry bodies;
- any financial intermediary authorized by Metis and/or the Metis’ affiliates to promote or provide after-sales services in relation to, any of the products and services of Metis and/or the Metis’ affiliates;
- any actual or proposed purchaser of parts of all of the Metis’ business and/or those of the Metis’ affiliates together with its advisors in the transaction;
- Metis may transfer your personal data outside Hong Kong/ Singapore/ the Cook Islands for any of the purposes set out above including data processing and storage.
From time to time, we may purchase or sell one or more of our businesses (or portions thereof) and your personal data may be transferred or disclosed as part of the sale or purchase proposed sale. If we purchase a business, the personal data obtained for that business would be processed in accordance with this statement as far as it is practicable and permissible to do so.
Your personal data may be provided to any of the above-mentioned persons and the relevant persons can be in other jurisdictions or regions to that in which you are located. Your information may be transferred to, kept, and processed in other jurisdictions where any Metis’ entities is located, or jurisdictions where a third-party contractor is located or from which the third-party contractor provides us services. If required by relevant laws, we may seek your consent to transfer such information outside your jurisdiction to our facilities or to those third parties with whom we share it as mentioned above. Your personal data will only be transferred to other locations, where we are satisfied that the level of protection is sufficient to protect the integrity and security of your personal data, which as a minimum are comparable to the jurisdiction or territory in which you provided such personal data.
4. Access Rights to Personal Data
When it comes to how we use your personal data, you have the right to:
- request a copy of your personal data (we have the right to charge a reasonable fee to complete this request);
- request that we correct anything that’s wrong, or complete any incomplete personal data;
- complain to a data protection authority or another independent regulator about how we’re using it.
If you currently reside in an EU jurisdiction, additional rights under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) may apply. As such, you may:
- ask us to delete your personal data if it is no longer needed for the purposes set out in Part A or if there is no other legal basis for the processing;
- object to us using your personal data for direct marketing (including related profiling) or other processing based on legitimate interests;
- request that we provide a copy of your personal data in a structured and commonly used format in certain circumstances i; and
- limit how we use your personal data or withdraw your consents (including automated decision making) you have given for the processing of your personal data.
According to the PDPO, you have the right to access and to request correction of any personal data concerning you held by Metis. Metis has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request. You may address to:
The Data Protection Officer
Metis Global Group
2701, 27/F., Berkshire House,
25 Westlands Road,
5. Use of Personal Data in Direct Marketing purposes
With your consent, we intend to use your name and contact details for promotional and marketing purpose including sending marketing communications and conducting direct marketing to you by electronic and non-electronic means including by post, in relation to the following products, services and subjects, and we require your consent in order to do so: trust plans; wealth and financial management; investment; financial; rewards/loyalty/privileges programs, services and subjects ("Classes of Marketing Subjects"). Our legal basis for this processing is based on your consent.
We also intend to transfer your name and contact details to our subsidiaries, other affiliates within the Metis Global Group, their respective agents, our Business Partners, and our Marketing Partners, to enable them to market any of the Classes of Marketing Subjects to you, and your written consent is required in order for us to do so. Where permitted by law, we may provide your personal data to providers of any of the Classes of Marketing Subjects for gain.
You may change your mind and withdraw your consent to receive direct marketing communications at any time, you may address to:
The Data Protection Officer
Metis Global Group
2701, 27/F., Berkshire House,
25 Westlands Road,
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is stored on your computer's hard drive.
This means we automatically collect and keep the following information about your visit (including but not limited to: your IP addresses (and domain names), browser software, types and configurations of your browser, language settings, geo-locations, operating systems, referring website, pages and content viewed, and durations of visit) will be used to ensure operation of the website and enable you to log in securely, for compiling aggregate statistics on how our visitors reach and browse our websites for web enhancement and optimization purposes, and to help us understand how we can improve your experience on it.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into our secure Site;
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors to our Site and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily; and
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
7. External links
If any part of this website contains links to other websites, the website may not operate in accordance this statement. You are advised to check the privacy statements on those websites to understand their policies on the collection, usage, transferal and disclosure of personal data.
8. Amendments to this Privacy Statement
Metis reserves the right to add, change, update or revise this statement at any time and without notice, only by notifying you of such change, update or revision. If we decide to modify our personal data policy, those modifications will be notified on our website so that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances the information will be disclosed. Any relevant change, update or revision will be effective immediately upon posting. If required by applicable law, we may also notify you when there are material changes to this statement and (if necessary) seek your consent to those changes.
9. Additional Information
If you have any questions about any part of this statement or if you would like to know more regarding Metis’ data privacy practices please feel free to contact us by the above contact details.
In case of discrepancies between the English and other language versions of these Privacy Statement and content of this website, the English version shall prevail.